Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Twin Windows and Chairs, 9 x 12, oil on panel


This is part of my Johnstown series. I was taken by the twin windows and chairs, not to mention the twin shadow slices.  Sometimes the most mundane setting can be a piece of art. Degas once said, "Art is not what you see, but what you make others see".

My painting Blue Awning was just used for this book cover, Emily Alone. The novel, which is set in Pittsburgh, has received good reviews. Here is the link, Emily Alone, Penguin Books

2 comments:

  1. Ron--Congrats on the cover--I met Stuart when he was a visiting professor here at Cornell last year. Great to see the work of both together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michele. I'll meet him next month so I can sign a book for him and he can sign one for me.

    ReplyDelete