Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Fuel Storage, 9 x 12, oil on panel

I just got back from the Plein Air Easton event. It was a pretty big deal with 58 painters from across the United States. Going in I didn't think it would be my "cup of tea". Well to put it mildly it was an amazing event. The caliber of work was extremely high and the artists were all very nice. It is a highly organized event and the folks that run it are determined to make the artists feel special. They did indeed. I won honorable mention for Fuel Storage. http://www.pleinaireaston.com/

The Eastern shore of Maryland is really all about the water. So why did I paint these tanks? I had just finished a painting of a boat when I noticed these tanks. Apparently not all water craft uses wind.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice painting of something we'd just drive by and not look at. You've made them look better than life. Congratulations on your HM!

    ReplyDelete